Thursday, April 16, 2009

I find you very interesting

I find you very interesting. I wonder, I look at you and wonder again? What’s it that you are? Do you think and feel intensely or do you laugh away what you live, looking to the next moment? Every time I look at you, I see a new angle, a new scope, a new fellowship that I have not felt before. Then you are like the next episode to the story in my head, the story that you are?

I know sometimes that you are angry at me for not seeing you as you see me. Feeling for you as you feel for me. But then, life is like that and let’s face it, we are not all like each other. You are not me and I am not you. We are not two halves of a coin that you see as a whole, or toss to see which side you will choose.

We are two lines being drawn by an invisible hand, intersecting at interesting moments, seeing each other from afar at others. It is this distance that makes us more interesting to the other. The distance that keeps the familiarity from getting too pedestrian or too boring. For let’s face it: how many people know you or me as we are, not seeing just one or two dimensions that they get to see and add one plus one and get three?

That’s why each time we meet, there is a piquant twist, I look at the picture you make and visualise the life you lead, quite separately from the fact of us being merely two lines that criss cross.

Life is so many lines, so many intersections and so many people. Life is just not you and me. Life is so much more – and we go along with some people as parallel lines, some others as lines that are drawn over our own, in different colours maybe.

Life could have been and could have made sense as something other than lines, but here we are, scribbling along making our own paths. There is no other way.

1 comment: