Thursday, April 16, 2009

Godfather

You appeared at perhaps the right moment. Can’t say that you are an angel that God sent because you are not one. An angel I mean. But you are there, virtually watching, thinking for me, cleaning up the junk in my head, making me think. Where were you all this while? What made you appear when you did?

I could be trite about it and say, “God alone knows!” but that would be truly and unintentionally funny. When my head junks up with clutter, all I need is to log on and talk to you. Now, tell me, is there a better definition to God? Do I need any other special prayer?

Once upon a time, we all said prayers inside our heads, looked to that indefinable presence that we were told does exist, and who will, in response to our call, reach out and pull us out of whatever sticky situation we got ourselves into. That Indefinable Presence more often than not, never did appear yet somehow, every situation in life found a solution.

But today, I log in. It’s a bit like Bruce Almighty giving you an email reply. You play God in my life and I, if not in yours, play God in someone else’s. We have virtually made that possible.

Somewhere in the past, a grandfather said that our philosophy has rooted itself in the God in the self – find it. The power is inside you all along; if only you would look inside and see.

Are we seeing it? I don’t know. But I know I log on and see you online and it gives me comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment