Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Samosas and sauce at 2am

The nose lies. Yes it does. There are times when I smell ladoos, the big fat ones that come back from Tirupathi thanks to a well-wisher or because you made that trip… Then there are times when my nose thinks there is chocolate cake close by.

The nose lies. And then, the stomach makes growly noises, because it anticipates eagerly, what the nose communicates. You close your eyes, and you can almost see it, thanks to the nose. Except that, there is no food close by. At least food of the sort that your nose says it can smell.

That’s why right now, at 2am, I suddenly smell freshly fried samosas, with soft buttery filling, without too much of spices and I actually smell the tomato sauce too. I look to my left. A little glass dish with the remnants of Kurkure triangles sits sadly, its redness fading right before my eyes.

The organs of sight seek the hot fresh samosas. The nose steals a laugh from right under.

1 comment:

  1. lol..samosas and sauce at 2am definitely sounds tempting...if ur nose smells a choc brownie..inform me:P..i'l be there right away

    ReplyDelete