Thursday, March 26, 2009

Unconditional love


Simba loves me. Unconditionally. His lovely brown liquid eyes follow me wherever I go. I call him ‘boing boing’ dog because every time he looks at me, I see a burst of pink hearts floating up towards me. I am sure if he had a guitar and a floppy hat, he would do the serenading thingie as well.

Nose a few inches away, Simba is my shadow, my one other self. He is soft, has fluffy golden hair and is the complete stress-buster, rolled into a butterball of a golden retriever. And he wants nothing but my company. No demands, no heavy stuff. Just a state of being, being with you.

Simba has developed an infection in his ears. On to Ark(the vet clinic) we went. Simba fluttered around a bit(new place), looked at me with a question in his eyes, allowed the doctor to poke through different parts of him(including a thermometer in his rectum); all with a patience, not a bark to be heard.

After, he rode in the front seat of the car sitting on a towel, looking regal and glowing, leaving plenty of his long golden hair behind, on the dashboard and the floor. Back home, he revived sufficiently to take a long drink of tap water and flop down… looking as I moved about keeping things back in their place. His liquid brown eyes melting as they followed my movements, ready to move himself when I did.

2 comments:

  1. how easy it is to push someone away saying, please, give me some space, i can't breathe!

    then yearn for them when they are gone.

    dogs, children... we do it to everybody who has this kind of unconditional love to offer. fools us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simba is too cute! actually it is important for all of us to give each other unconditional love....but we dont!! so it is left for our doggies n kittens to offer us that unconditional love which our fellow human beings fail to give us!

    ReplyDelete